This is the orphanage I spent most of my time in Ghana at. Hands of Mercy. I love these kids. I’ll be doing a show at BYU in the fall of some of the pictures. They’re all great kids and most of them have sponsors, which is awesome. I know there are quite a few more sober images in this batch, but they are usually incredibly happy kids, especially the older ones. They fight just like any kids, but they also love to goof off and make faces, play sports, and they love learning. They’d often have me create work for them such as math problems. All around great kids. Check out the website to see if there’s anything you can do for them!
…when you have a tutu, rain boots, and amazing blonde curls? The CUTEST pictures in the world of your adorable niece. I went over to my sister’s on Saturday between 2 of my 3 shoots and found that Tessa had dressed herself in one of her favorite outfits. How could I resist? I only had 10 minutes, but still managed to take nearly 100 pictures :). Thank you Kristin for buying this at a garage sale for $2 5 years ago! Can anyone argue that this isn’t the cutest thing ever?
I’m in California! I’ll be in the San Fran bay available for shoots for a week and I still have a couple of spots open, including Friday evening, the 25th. If you’re interested shoots me an e-mail!
I’ll be headed to North Carolina on May 13 for about 2.5 weeks (I don’t have a return ticket yet). I’ll be in Wilmington, so if anyone out there is interested in scheduling something let me know. Thanks!
In honor of Tax Day my canvas company is having a sale! Order any gallery-wrapped canvas print by Friday and get 30% off. Order by directly emailing me. Gallery wrapped prints are printed on canvas and hand stretched over a 1.5 inch pine frame, ready to hang right out of the box. They’re really cool!! I’ll be ordering lots 🙂 Here’s one example and here’s one that I did last year:
My freshman roommate and bride-to-be (and birthday girl), Jenna, ‘tagged’ me. If you don’t know what that means, it means I have to list 6 unimportant things about me that you may not know. I’m supposed to tag other people…but I’m a rebel, so I’m not going to. And here they are:
1. I’ve been living out of a suitcase/my car since December and have spent much of the last 6 months sleeping on a floor or a couch. A few times in my car. (I’m not a bum, I’m a college student…kinda. And I spent a couple months in 4 other countries).
2. I have a newfound obsession with Banana Republic. I really really really love it.
3. I believe in eating lots of raw, healthy, green organic foods, but I don’t usually eat the way I wish I did. Though I do avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup and I refuse to touch anything with aspartame. At all.
4. I LOVE Bajio Mexican Grill. I think I’ve eaten there 6 times in the last 3 weeks (it was also one of 2 things I REALLY craved while in Africa). Anything with the honey-butter grilled shrimp is amazing.
5. My family can attest to this one (sorry guys!). I’m really not very good at getting my family print quality pictures that I take of their kids. Like 6 months to a year behind kinda bad.
6. I miss my kids in the Philippines and Africa enough to make me cry sometimes.
6.5. I thought of another one. I’ve had 32 roommates in 4 years at BYU. I’d had 17 before any of them got married.
And a picture, because this is a photography blog!